What are Infographics?
Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends.
Infographics are so popular nowadays, you can see them in different social media platforms. A lot of free submission sites are available for infographics, and other sites require you to pay to be published and increase social shares and traffic. Infographics tend to break down complex information into smaller pieces that can be easily understood. It’s fun to share because of the illustrations, and it engages the reader more than plain text.
It is obvious that infographics can help in the marketing strategy of a business or even for the purpose of disseminating information or educating people. Here are some reasons why:
- Infographics increase the willingness to read by 80% because of the color visuals. The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors, thus getting the reader’s attention is very easy when you incorporate inviting colors in a picture or visual presentation.
- Infographics make it easier to follow directions because of their illustrations. Imagine unboxing a new toy that you need to assemble– with proper illustration it will be easier to build instead of just reading instructions.
- Infographics aid in persuading target market by accompanying verbal presentation with visuals. Consumers or customers are more convinced of a product and service if they can see a visual representation of what the benefits are.
- Infographics instill an image and make it easier for us to remember the information. According to studies, we usually remember 80% of what we see and feel, rather than what we hear.
- Infographics are shareable and embeddable which can bring more prospects to your website and can boost traffic (especially now that interest for infographic is continuously growing).
Along with the benefits of using an infographic is the responsibility to make sure that its information is from legitimate sources and does not spread false information. Thorough research, originality and creativity are some of the essentials of infographics, and doing your best to promote them will ensure success.
I would like to share some of the Infographics of Overpass. We are looking forward to publish more soon. Enjoy our infographics! And please feel free to share!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infographic for the definition of Infographic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision for the information about Color Vision.
And . . . of course . . . the incomparable Sandee Chica from our team for the infographics.