It may be easy for you to create your own app– especially when you have some app development experience. But, some developers spend so much time building an app, they forget to consider some things that will determine if the app will be successful.
So for all our fellow code monkeys out there, here are some things that you must also consider in addition to great code.
When creating an app, design has to be given significant consideration. It will catch the eye of a browser and keep the excitement of a user.
Here are some tips:
- Understand the behaviour and interest of the intended audience so you can design it better.
- Know the app’s purpose, device types, and system to support so you can plan a perfect layout.
- Incorporate your sound or audio effects with the graphical design.
- User Interface (UI) should be clean, simple and user-friendly.
Designing and creating an app are just the first steps. You need to market your app to make it known, increase its downloads and survive the competition.
- In my article “3 Essentials of Marketing An App“, the first essential is to develop a marketing plan just before you build your app. In that way, you are setting the mood and gathering potential users for your app just before its release.
- The second important thing is to use optimisation techniques to increase your discoverability and ranking in the app store.
- Then the third essential which is really necessary is to invest in continuous and long-term marketing strategy. Nothing is constant and everything changes so your app may be ranking high now, but you have to maintain it. That’s why marketing your app should be continuous and never-ending, as long as you want your app to survive.
You can read “How Overpass Creatively Market Apps” to get more tips.
Let us know if you have some more strategies to add.
App Analytics provides metrics of user engagement so you can evaluate the impact of your app.
There are many analytics tools in the market which will provide you with the measurement and data analysis. These tools are valuable, so you’ll know the measured data that answers the questions like:
- How many users have downloaded the app?
- How many are active users?
- What features are often used?
- Are users experiencing any technical issues or problems?
The available data will help you analyse your app’s performance, know the areas for improvement and learn the impact of modifications.
So build an app with a great design. Continuously market it from the start until forever. Use Analytics to your advantage. But please never take each one for granted. They are like a framework of a house that each one should exist, if not then you have chaos ahead.
Let us know how it goes.
If you have insights or comments about the article, please leave a comment below.